Senior safety RJ Williamson will miss play time following surgery

<p>Senior safety RJ Williamson, 26, runs in for a touchdown in the first quarter during a game against Air Force on Sept. 19, 2015, at Spartan Stadium. Williamson scored on a 64-yard fumble return. The Spartans defeated the Falcons, 35-21. Joshua Abraham/The State News</p>

Senior safety RJ Williamson, 26, runs in for a touchdown in the first quarter during a game against Air Force on Sept. 19, 2015, at Spartan Stadium. Williamson scored on a 64-yard fumble return. The Spartans defeated the Falcons, 35-21. Joshua Abraham/The State News

Fifth-year senior safety RJ Williamson will miss extended playing time after having surgery on a torn bicep yesterday, as reported by Fox Sports. Williamson announced the surgery was a success on Twitter today.

The Spartans list of season ending injuries includes senior linebacker Ed Davis, redshirt-freshman defensive back Vayante Copeland and sophomore tackle Dennis Finley. Williamson might be able to rejoin the team for its last regular season game against Penn State on Nov. 28, as reported by Joe Rexrode of the Detroit Free Press.

Junior tackle Jack Conklin and junior tight end Josiah Price, both starters at their position, are also injured, but are expected to return before the season’s end. Junior tackle Kodi Kieler went down early in the season as well and might be the first injured Spartan to return.

Share and discuss “Senior safety RJ Williamson will miss play time following surgery ” on social media.