Meet this year's Homecoming court

<p>Top row, from left to right: Teresa Bitner, Mariam Alamiri, Bradley Disbrow, Abbie Jankelovitz, Myya Jones</p><p>Bottom row, from left to right: Sa Li, Marc Reed, Nate Strauss, Kenny Williams Jr., and Aarean Wooten </p>

Top row, from left to right: Teresa Bitner, Mariam Alamiri, Bradley Disbrow, Abbie Jankelovitz, Myya Jones

Bottom row, from left to right: Sa Li, Marc Reed, Nate Strauss, Kenny Williams Jr., and Aarean Wooten

Mariam Alamiri

Alamiri is an international student from Saudi Arabia studying human resource management. She has been involved as an intercultural aide, Multi-Racial Unity Living Experience leader, Jacobs Engineering intern, student mentor for the Saudi Aramco Scholarship Program and community service chair for the Leadership Institute at MSU. Alamiri participated in an international engagement volunteering program in Mexico during the spring of 2013.

Teresa Bitner

Bitner is a native of the Detroit area and a social relations and policy major in the James Madison College. Bitner is the executive director of the Association of Big Ten Students, and is also involved in MSU Academic Governance. She also serves in leadership positions at ASMSU as Vice President for Internal Administration and Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Bradley Disbrow

Disbrow is a member of the James Madison College and Honors College who is working towards a double major in microbiology and international relations. He comes from the suburban Chicago area. Disbrow is president of the Dean’s Advisory Council for the Honors College and a leader in recruiting new students to MSU’s Honors College. He is a Dean’s Research Scholar for the College of Natural Science, and a team development executive at the Spartans Fighting Cancer Relay for Life. Disbrow participated in a freshman seminar abroad to Italy in addition to the 2013 MSU Global Medical Brigade to Honduras.

Abbie Jankelovitz

Jankelovitz is a psychology major from suburban Detroit. She has been a part of three different summer study abroad programs in her MSU career: in 2012, she visited Italy; in 2013, Israel; and in 2014, Australia. These experiences have helped her become a peer advisor at the Office of Study Abroad. Jankelovitz is a student ambassador who has led student tours, as well as an on-campus group fitness instructor. In the field of psychology, Jankelovitz is a member of Psi Chi, the international psychology honor society, as well as an undergraduate assistant for abnormal psychology.

Myya Jones

Jones is a native of Detroit and finance student in the Broad College of Business. She leads all members of the homecoming court with four study abroad experiences at MSU, visiting Costa Rica in winter 2012, Cuba in spring 2013, Belize in spring 2015, and France this past summer. During the summer of 2014, when she wasn’t studying abroad, she attended the University of Texas at Austin’s Arabic Flagship Program Summer Institute. While doing all of this traveling, Jones has remained very involved. She was named this year’s president of MSU’s Black Student Alliance. During the 2014-’15 school year, she recieved the honors of Google Student Ambassador and External Vice President of the National Association of Black Accountants. Jones was a recipient of the 2015 Giving Hand Scholarship from Delta Sigma Theta sorority.

Sa Li

Li, an international student, is from Tangshan, China. Here at MSU, she is an Honors College student working toward a degree in mathematics. Li is a member of the Honors College Inclusive Excellence Strategic Committee, and an Intercultural Aide for the 2015-’16 school year. She is an undergraduate teaching assistant in the Department of Mathematics, and a member of the national honor fraternity Phi Sigma Pi. Li is also co-chair of the Women’s Initiative for Leadership Development. In the summer of 2014, she studied abroad in Belgium.

Marc Reed

Reed comes from the small town of Owosso, Mich. He is an Honors College member and is studying human resources management in the Broad College of Business. He has gained experience in his field as Human Resources Director and Chairperson of MSU’s University Activities Board. Reed serves as vice president and sergeant of arms at Delta Lambda Phi social fraternity. Reed is also a member of the psychology honor society Psi Chi. He has also participated in Alternative Spartan Break and has been a dairy showman at the MSU Dairy Expo.

Nathaniel Strauss

Strauss is a native of the Detroit area from Farmington Hills and James Madison College member who is double majoring in comparative cultures and politics and journalism. He has been involved in on-campus living, as he serves as a resident assistant in Case Hall, a representative for the Residence Halls Association, and an executive board member for the Residence Education Staff Council. Strauss is also a Senator in the James Madison College Student Senate, and is president of MSU’s Jewish Student Union. He studied abroad in Israel this past summer.

Kenneth Williams, Jr.

Williams is a communications major who grew up in Detroit. He is a resident assistant in Holden Hall, and was a site leader for the Alternative Spartan Breaks program in 2014. Williams recieved the MSU Black Alumni scholarship, and is a member of the Bailey Scholars program. He has contributed to the MSU Library’s anthology on Civil Rights, in addition to Project 60/50, MSU’s 2014 initiative for human rights. He has studied abroad three times, going to Belize in spring 2013, Belize in summer 2014, and China in summer 2015.

Aarean Wooten

Wooten grew up near Cleveland in Twinsburg, Ohio and is now a double major in psychology and interdisciplinary studies-human capital at MSU. Wooten is the president of the Human Resources Association. She is also Charles Drew Science Scholar and member of the psychology honor society Psi Chi. In the summer of 2015, she interned at PNC Financial Services. Wooten studied abroad in Beijing this past summer.

Share and discuss “Meet this year's Homecoming court ” on social media.