ESPN College GameDay coming to East Lansing

<p>True to tradition, Ohio State and MSU fans alike showed up with their funniest signs for ESPN's College GameDay on Nov. 8, 2014, at Demonstration field. Dylan Vowell/The State News</p>

True to tradition, Ohio State and MSU fans alike showed up with their funniest signs for ESPN's College GameDay on Nov. 8, 2014, at Demonstration field. Dylan Vowell/The State News

Photo by Dylan Vowell | The State News

ESPN has announced its program College GameDay will be broadcasting live from Munn Field in East Lansing at 9 a.m. on Saturday before the Spartans’ much anticipated home-opener against Oregon.

The Spartans, ranked fifth in the AP poll, will square off against the Ducks, ranked seventh in the AP poll, at 8 p.m. ET. GameDay was present for the teams’ previous 2014 matchup in Eugene, Ore., when the Ducks won 46-27.

The show will feature ESPN football commentators Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Lee Corso. The foursome will travel the country hyping up each week’s highly touted matchup. At the end of the segment, Corso is notoriously known for brandishing the mascot of his predicted winning team.

(Watch Lee Corso and Earvin “Magic” Johnson pick MSU to beat Stanford in the 2014 Rose Bowl.)

GameDay’s latest visit to East Lansing was Nov. 8, 2014 against Ohio State University.

Saturday will be the eighth time the show has stopped in East Lansing and the 11th time it has previewed a Spartan game, according to ESPN MediaZone.

The Spartans are 4-6 with GameDay present and Corso has picked the Spartans to win three times: 1999 against the University of Michigan, 2014 against Stanford and this past season against OSU. Corso’s record when picking the Spartans is 2-1, according to ESPN MediaZone.

MSU takes on Oregon at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Share and discuss “ESPN College GameDay coming to East Lansing” on social media.