Delton Williams currently not enrolled, football roster status remains unclear

<p>Sophomore running back Delton Williams carries the ball as Rutgers linebacker Steve Longa attempts to tackle  Nov. 22, 2014, during the game at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Scarlet Knights, 45-3. Aerika Williams/The State News</p>

Sophomore running back Delton Williams carries the ball as Rutgers linebacker Steve Longa attempts to tackle Nov. 22, 2014, during the game at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Scarlet Knights, 45-3. Aerika Williams/The State News

Spartan football running back Delton Williams's future remains in question as he is no longer enrolled at MSU, according to MSU spokesperson Jason Cody.

Williams allegedly brandished a firearm during a road rage incident on campus on March 16. He pleaded guilty Wednesday April 29 to violating an MSU weapons ordinance as part of a plea deal, a court official said.

The ordinance violation is a misdemeanor and is punishable by a maximum of 90 days in jail and/or a $100 fine.

Along with having the initial charge of brandishing a firearm in public dropped, the plea deal delays sentencing until Dec. 18, Ingham County assistant prosecutor Russel Church said. It remains unclear why the sentencing was delayed.

Cody confirmed to The State News that Williams is not currently enrolled in any summer courses, nor is he enrolled in any courses for any future semesters. 

It is unknown whether or not Williams's enrollment status is a result of university sanctions, as no official decision regarding his status has been announced. No roster update is being given at this time, according to associate athletic director John Lewandowski.

Share and discuss “Delton Williams currently not enrolled, football roster status remains unclear” on social media.