Fraternities use promotion perks to score free pizza

By partnering with Domino’s Pizza in East Lansing, fraternities at MSU are able to secure free pizza during rush week events.

The deal worked in this way: each fraternity received 10 free pizzas if they hung a Domino’s Pizza banner where it was visible from the road through Feb. 1, while also adhering to two promotional tasks.

First, the fraternity had to take and tweet a picture with some of their brothers with the @dominosMSU handle included. Then, at east 12 members of the fraternity had to send out a tweet mentioning @dominosMSU as well as the pizza shop’s relationship with the fraternities.

Many fraternities like to have food in place for rush week. But with the high cost sometimes associated with feeding the potential pledges, Sigma Pi Recruitment Chairman Lee Charles said the deal greek members have with Domino’s is a perfect solution.

“It really helps because obviously we have a budget for rush. Anything we can get, any discount we can get is really helpful especially when we have so many guys who want to eat food,” Charles said. “It turned out great. Usually we make the brothers wait to eat the food until the rushees have some food first but this year everyone had all the food they wanted and we had plenty left over.”

The relationship between local fraternities and Domino’s, headed by franchise owner David Cesarini, was first formed between a number of Domino’s shops in Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan in 2003. It has since built a similar relationship between MSU and Cesarini’s shop on Harrison Road in East Lansing.

“I’m a greek alumni and I appreciated local businesses that gave us discounts and supported us in our activities,” Cesarini said. “(Greek life) was a great experience for me and now I want to give back.”

In addition to the free pizza received during rush week, fraternities in the partnership with Domino’s will continue to have access to exclusive deals on pizza throughout the year.

Share and discuss “Fraternities use promotion perks to score free pizza” on social media.