Suspect apprehended in string of robberies, police continue search for three other suspects

A suspect connected with two unarmed robberies which took place June 12 has been apprehended by the East Lansing Police Department after leading officers on a chase into Lansing.

The suspects abandoned their vehicle and fled on foot, as officers arrested the driver of the vehicle near Clippert Street and Michigan Avenue. Police still are searching for the three other individuals connected with the robberies.

The four suspects are connected to two robberies which took place just after midnight in an alleyway north of the East Lansing Marriott. The first victim had her purse ripped from her by a suspect described as being approximately five-foot-nine and possessing a medium build, according to police officials. The second victim also was near the alley when she was approached by two black males, one of whom grabbed her iPhone out of her hand.

All three suspects were seen fleeing into a nearby vehicle driven by the fourth suspect.

The suspects involved in these robberies might also be connected to an armed robbery which took place on the 100 block of Orchard Street on June 10, according to Lt. Wriggelsworth of the ELPD. All three victims were MSU students, according to the department.

When discussing how students and community members could ensure the safety of their belongings, Wriggelsworth advocated always traveling with a friends even during daylight hours. He also advised pedestrians to keep valuables out of sight.

“The less likely you can make yourself a victim, the less likely you will be a victim,” Wriggelsworth said.

The department is encouraging anyone with information to contact ELPD officer Dan Brown at (517) 319-6811 or ELPD officer Chris Shadduck at (517) 319-6842.

Share and discuss “Suspect apprehended in string of robberies, police continue search for three other suspects” on social media.