Student arraigned in connection with fires set after MSU loss

The East Lansing Police Department has released the name of one of the suspects involved in the fires set after MSU’s loss in to Duke in the NCAA Tournament Friday, March 30, according to a press release from the East Lansing Police department.

Kenneth Voog, who was identified as a 22-year-old East Lansing resident and MSU student, was arraigned for setting a fire, according to a press release.

Voog allegedly set a fire early in the morning of March 30 on the 300 block of Charles Street, according to the release.

The department identified three or four suspects in causing the fires, East Lansing police Capt. Jeff Murphy said in a previous interview.

Voog is a senior studying finance, according to MSU’s people search.

Voog was arraigned on two charges — one charge of kindling a fire and one charge of disorderly conduct for being intoxicated in a public place and endangering the property of another, according to the release.

The charges are misdemeanors and Voog can receive up to 90 days in jail and up to $500 in fines.
Voog was given a $750 cash or surety bond, the release said.

The East Lansing Police and fire departments responded to 12 fires Friday night and two Saturday night, Murphy said.

The East Lansing Police still are looking for tips with any information on the incidents.

Keep checking The State News for more updates.

Share and discuss “Student arraigned in connection with fires set after MSU loss” on social media.