Spartans accept bid to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl

<p>Junior running back Le&#8217;Veon Bell celebrates by showing the Spartan logo with his gloves after scoring a touchdown Nov. 3, 2012, at Spartan Stadium. Bell rushed for 188 yards and scored two touchdowns during the 28-24 loss to Nebraska. State News File Photo</p>

Junior running back Le’Veon Bell celebrates by showing the Spartan logo with his gloves after scoring a touchdown Nov. 3, 2012, at Spartan Stadium. Bell rushed for 188 yards and scored two touchdowns during the 28-24 loss to Nebraska. State News File Photo

Photo by Adam Toolin | The State News

The MSU football team has accepted an invitation to play in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl in Tempe, Ariz. on Dec. 29, the MSU athletics department announced Sunday afternoon.

The Spartans (6-6 overall, 3-5 Big Ten) will play against an opponent from the Big 12 Conference. The opponent is expected to be named later tonight.

The university will receive an allotment of 11,000 tickets for the bowl game, with prices ranging from $25 to $125 per ticket.

Check statenews.com and tomorrow’s print edition of The State News for further updates.

Share and discuss “Spartans accept bid to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl” on social media.