Spartans rally to defeat No. 25 Wisconsin in overtime, 16-13

Head coach Mark Dantonio smiles after defeating Wisconsin in overtime, 16-13, on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 27, 2012, at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisc. Justin Wan/The State News
Head coach Mark Dantonio smiles after defeating Wisconsin in overtime, 16-13, on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 27, 2012, at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisc. Justin Wan/The State News —
Photo by Justin Wan | and Justin Wan The State News

Madison, Wis. — The MSU football team stole a win at Camp Randall Stadium on Saturday, topping Wisconsin, 16-13, in overtime on a 12-yard touchdown pass to junior wide receiver Bennie Fowler.

The Spartans took over at their own 25 after a field goal by the Badgers with less than five minutes remaining in regulation.

Behind an 8-of-9 passing performance by junior quarterback Andrew Maxwell, MSU drove down the field and scored on a five yard shovel pass from Maxwell to junior running back Le’Veon Bell to force overtime.

Wisconsin got the ball to begin the extra period before the defense forced a field goal attempt. The 43-yard boot from kicker Kyle French gave Wisconsin a 13-10 lead before MSU got their chance from the 25.

With the win, MSU ends a two-game losing streak, improving to 5-4 overall on the season with a 2-3 mark in the Big Ten.

Share and discuss “Spartans rally to defeat No. 25 Wisconsin in overtime, 16-13” on social media.