There is certainly a strong physical aspect to playing the goalie position in soccer. As the last line of defense and only player on the field allowed to use his hands, the goalie has to be nimble enough to cover the entire width of the net — 24 feet. Senior goalkeeper Zach Bennett knows a thing or two about what it takes to be a good goalkeeper.
Steve Patterson was outed as Texas's athletic director yesterday, and a familiar name has emerged as a potential candidate for the job — Mark Hollis.
Draymond Green had a homecoming this past weekend at MSU. After announcing on Thursday he donated $3.1 million to the men's basketball program to fund several Breslin Center renovations, he made a guest appearance on ESPN's College GameDay and a cameo during MSU football's 31-28 victory against Oregon.
Former MSU guard Travis Trice has signed a partially-guaranteed one-year deal with the New York Knicks, Yahoo reported on Thursday.
- MSU ranked NCAA team with fourth-most NFL talent
- MSU football releases 2014 preseason depth chart
- Shilique Calhoun named to 2014 preseason Big Ten 'Players to Watch' list
- Kyle Aherns commits to MSU basketball
- Williams tears ACL for fourth time
- MSU pitcher wins conference Freshman of the Week honors
- Prediction: Reporters split on MSU-UNC tournament game
- North Carolina up next for Spartans
- Prediction: Women's basketball will avoid 5-12 upset today against Hampton
- Incoming Spartan recruit named Miss Basketball
- Agee plays key role in Spartan victory over U-M
- All five Spartan starters earn All-Big Ten recognition
- Many potential end-of-season scenarios on table for Spartans
- Powers earns Freshman of the Week honors for 4th time
- Powers, Pickrel collect Big Ten honors
- Sophomore guard Harris to transfer
- Field hockey's Jenni Smith earns Big Ten recognition
- Field hockey just misses reaching .500 mark over weekend
- Wicinski's great year grows with national award
- Jacquie Joseph to be inducted to CMU Hall of Fame