There are many ways to be heard on the opinion page of The State News by thousands of readers and those who view the online content. It is my hope that at least a few of you want to take advantage.
Lou & Harry’s Grill and Bar, 245 Ann St., will close later this month as plans to open a larger version of the establishment at Chandler Mall are underway, general manager Scott Rolen said.
As a child of a migrant worker family, Carolina Segura spent much of her childhood moving between Texas, Georgia, Michigan and Mexico. Segura, now a zoology freshman, did not have stable middle and high school educations, let alone consistent medical care for her epilepsy.
East Lansing’s new library director Kristin Shelley never intended to become a librarian.
When Howard Ballein was first hired to work at a bookstore in 1952, he was paid 70 cents per hour. When he opened Student Book Store, or SBS in 1960, books sold for about $6 and the store was 1,800 square feet.
- Dripping with tradition
- Gourmet belly timber
- In the shadows of giants
- Defining Blackness — Alanna
- Love, sex and college
- Pricing knowledge
- Republicans’ health care repeal attempt wastes time
- Excited atmosphere at Snyder's party
- Life in U.S. hard to adjust to after month in Spain
- Making art part of everyday life a gratifying habit
- Art viewers should be respectful of artists' expression
- Art offers insight into Spanish way of life
- Trip to Barcelona starts with hellish travel experience