Board responds to Stanley's resignation, commends his leadership

Michigan State Trustee Byrum commenting on research presentation. The Michigan State University Board of Trustees met in the Hannah Administration Building, on April 22, 2022.
Michigan State Trustee Byrum commenting on research presentation. The Michigan State University Board of Trustees met in the Hannah Administration Building, on April 22, 2022. —
Photo by Jared Osborne | The State News

The MSU Board of Trustees released a statement following the resignation announcement of President L. Samuel Stanley Jr. 

In the statement, the board expressed appreciation for Stanley’s service and stated it will cooperate with Stanley during the resignation process. 

“The MSU Board of Trustees appreciates President Stanley’s service over the past three years,” the statement said. “President Stanley arrived at a difficult time and provided steady leadership to guide us forward while the entire world was experiencing severe disruption and uncertainty. The Board of Trustees will work cooperatively with President Stanley during this transition and more details will be shared with the campus community as information is available.”

This united statement from the board follows about a month of controversy. It was reported that various trustees blamed Stanley for failure in the Title IX certification process and called for him to leave.

Share and discuss “Board responds to Stanley's resignation, commends his leadership” on social media.