RHS and Student Affairs partner to create new student life division

President Samuel L. Stanely Jr., Provost Teresa Woodruff and Senior Vice President for RHS and Auxiliary Enterprises Vennie Gore. August 28, 2021.
President Samuel L. Stanely Jr., Provost Teresa Woodruff and Senior Vice President for RHS and Auxiliary Enterprises Vennie Gore. August 28, 2021. —
Photo by Chloe Trofatter | The State News

Michigan State University President Samuel L. Stanley Jr. announced a new structure for student services which will combine units from the Division of Student Affairs and Services and units from Residential and Hospitality Services.

Pending approval from the Oct. 29 Board of Trustees meeting, Senior Vice President Vennie Gore will be leading this new unit called the "Division of Student Life and Engagement."

Stanley says the new division will reflect the mission and values of the new strategic plan.

“We know that the student experience does not start and stop at the borders of a residence hall, classroom or city limits,” Stanley said in the announcement email. “Our university is committed to student success from matriculation through graduation, regardless of where a student may reside. Therefore, I will now be making this temporary realignment permanent.”

Gore serves as the university's Vice President for Residential and Hospitality Services and Auxiliary Enterprises. In Sept. 2020 Gore took over former Vice President for Student Affairs Denise Maybank’s duties following her departure from the university.

The new position will make that shift of duties permanent.

Share and discuss “RHS and Student Affairs partner to create new student life division” on social media.