Lansing's Women's Expo connects women, businesses from across region

Women from all over the region came together for the Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo at the Lansing Center this weekend, supporting local businesses while sampling food and sitting in on guest speakers' seminars.  

This was the event's 19th year, and throughout the weekend, 300 female-owned and female-focused businesses were featured. Attending businesses ranged from jewelry and clothing stores to bakeries and coffee shops.

“Women are decision-makers in their households,” Fowlerville resident Mandy Tefft said. “It’s a wonderful way to get together with your friends, have a day out, and see new products and other businesses that are out there."

“It’s very well-organized and people are very helpful,” she said. “It’s a happening place." 

Attendees had the chance to participate in demonstrations like home repair how-tos and events like Wine & Canvas.

“It’s such big wide variety of things that would catch your interest,” said Diane Johnson of Bancroft.

Multiple speakers were featured at the event, including Ashley Gold of truTV’s “Hardcore Pawn” who was a main stage presenter Saturday. She discussed her life as a television personality, mom and businessperson.

“I’ve probably been coming for the last six or seven years,” Lansing resident Nadine Brown-Uddin said. “It’s just fun, it’s a fun break.”

Share and discuss “Lansing's Women's Expo connects women, businesses from across region” on social media.