Izzo family food drive date announced

<p>From left, Lupe and Raquel Izzo laugh while talking with the crowd during a pep rally before the game Friday, March. 29, 2013, at The Westin Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Ind. The Spartans will play the Duke Blue Devils in the fourth round of the <span class="caps">NCAA</span> Tournament. Adam Toolin/The State News</p>

From left, Lupe and Raquel Izzo laugh while talking with the crowd during a pep rally before the game Friday, March. 29, 2013, at The Westin Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Ind. The Spartans will play the Duke Blue Devils in the fourth round of the NCAA Tournament. Adam Toolin/The State News

Photo by Adam Toolin | The State News

Fans attending one Michigan State basketball game are asked to give a little extra for the greater good of the community. The annual MSU Rebounders Club and MSU Packaging School food drive, chaired by Lupe Izzo, will be held Feb. 17 when the Spartans go up against Ohio State.

The organizations and Izzo hold the drive to help residents of Greater Lansing in need. Those who attend the game are encouraged to bring commercially canned, boxed and cellophane-wrapped goods with them to the Breslin Center. Cash and check donations, made out to either MSU Student Food Bank or Greater Lansing Food Bank, will also be accepted.

All donations will go to food banks either in the Greater Lansing area or to the MSU food bank. In past years, cash donations have exceeded $16,000 and last year total contributions were close to $35,000.

For fans who are unable to attend the game, they can still help out by donating at the Rebounders Club luncheons on Feb. 8 at the Eagle Eye Golf Club. Boxes will be at the registration table and cash and check donations will be accepted there as well. 

Share and discuss “Izzo family food drive date announced” on social media.