Ex-MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon's involvement in the Larry Nassar investigation

Former Michigan State President Lou Anna K. Simon during her arraignment at the Eaton County Courthouse on Nov. 26, 2018. She is being charged with four counts of lying to a Peace Officer about the Nassar Investigation.

Former university president Lou Anna K. Simon was appointed in June 2004, but her tenure began to unravel in August 2016 when ex-MSU doctor Larry Nassar was accused of—and eventually convicted of—sexual assault. 

Though Simon denies knowing about Nassar's crimes until 2016, she was recently arraigned for lying to investigators about when she became aware. According to court records, Simon became aware in 2014—during the Title IX investigation brought about by Amanda Thomashow's complaint. 

Simon resigned from her position as president in January 2018 in the midst of controversy, but has worked for the university in a research position until she was placed on unpaid leave after her arrest. 

Share and discuss “Ex-MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon's involvement in the Larry Nassar investigation” on social media.