Two ELPD officers recovering from minor St. Patrick's Day injuries, 32 arrests made

Officer Ryan Kuhn arrests a man after urinating on the side of a house on March 17, 2016 on Marshall St. in East Lansing.
Officer Ryan Kuhn arrests a man after urinating on the side of a house on March 17, 2016 on Marshall St. in East Lansing. —
Photo by Emily Elconin | and Emily Elconin The State News

Officers from the East Lansing Police Department made a total of 32 arrests during Thursday's St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

ELPD Lt. Scott Wriggelsworth said the day was relatively controlled compared to last year's St. Patrick's Day when officers made 25 arrests.

Of the 32 arrests, 27 were for various alcohol and disorderly conduct offenses and some for warrants. Five D.U.I's were reported, compared to last year's three.

Additionally, two ELPD officers are still recovering from minor injuries they received during the course of arresting two different people during St. Patrick's Day. Neither of the officers required hospitalization, according to an ELPD statement.

The East Lansing Fire Department also had a busy day, making a total of 36 emergency medical services runs, of which 19 were alcohol related. 

Lt. Wriggelsworth said students were, for the most part, safe and responsible. 

Share and discuss “Two ELPD officers recovering from minor St. Patrick's Day injuries, 32 arrests made ” on social media.