Sunday, May 5, 2024

Panic! At The Disco to perform at MSU April 27

Panic! At The Disco will be performing at the MSU Auditorium on April 27, as part of a joint effort between the Associated Students of Michigan State University, ASMSU, and the MSU University Activities Board, UAB, to bring a concert to campus this spring.

“We’re really excited to bring this group to campus,” ASMSU president and public policy senior Domonique Clemons said. “Some of us that are older will recognize them from our middle school and high school days and some of the younger students will recognize them from the album that they have released just recently.”

Tickets will cost $10 for students and $25 for the general public. Student tickets will go on sale April 4 and general admission will be available April 6.

“We are really excited to be partnering up with UAB to offer a concert at a discounted rate for students, especially something late spring right before finals to give students a chance to de-stress and enjoy themselves,” Clemons said.

ASMSU and UAB initially intended for two artists to perform, with UAB selecting Panic! and ASMSU selecting an opener. However, after some setbacks, an additional artist could not be found.

“It was a long process to get to this point, but I am really excited to team up with UAB and work with them on this concert,” ASMSU chief of staff and marketing senior Anna Hogg said. “I think it will be really successful.”

Panic! released their most recent record "Death of a Bachelor" on Jan. 15, the first to feature vocalist Brendon Urie as the sole recording member. The band will also tour with Weezer this summer, stopping at DTE Energy Music Theatre on July 8. 

Share and discuss “Panic! At The Disco to perform at MSU April 27” on social media.