MSUPD report several instances of theft over break

MSU police reported three instances of stolen items — two of which occurred during break.

Larceny

On Jan. 8, a student reported his money was stolen from his wallet at IM Sports-West while playing bicycle polo. The victim had his property near the north doors when he saw a black male, about 30 years old, grab his wallet. The victim yelled to the suspect, but was not able to retrieve the wallet. $155 was taken and the case is still open. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Chris Rozman at 517-432-7940.

Burglary

On Dec. 24 between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., a student in Hubbard Hall reported items stolen, including his wallet that held his room key, $100, an ID card and a bank card. The student has had his door lock changed and the case is inactive with no leads.

Burglary

On Jan. 10 a student in South Hubbard Hall reported a burglary, which he suspected happened during winter break. Upon arriving at the student’s place of residence, police found he had three items stolen, including an iClicker 2, a suitcase and a MacBook Air. The student said he was the only one with a key. The case is inactive, with no leads.

This does not represent every report taken by MSU police. For every incident's time and location, view MSU police's Clery Crime and Fire Log.

For the East Lansing Police Department, visit their crime map.

Share and discuss “MSUPD report several instances of theft over break” on social media.