Saturday, August 31, 2024

MSU Police respond to peeping tom, breaking and entering

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

MSU police is reporting a peeping tom looking into the rooms for Shaw Hall residents late on Nov. 7. Witnessed by a 62-year-old female from Lansing, she told police she saw the suspect, a 33-year-old man from Lansing, with a pair of binoculars in his car on the parking ramp outside the residence hall. Police made contact with the suspect and the case was forwarded to the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office for review.

Here are the other incidents for Nov. 9, from reports provided by MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor.

Breaking and entering

A 20-year-old female student left her room with the door unlocked to do laundry in Armstrong Hall on Nov. 8 at 2:10 a.m. and while she was away, an unknown suspect entered her room without permission. The case is under investigation.

Breaking and entering

At West Akers Hall, a breaking and entering occurred on Nov. 8 at 2:35 a.m. The victim is a 19-year-old male student, who left his door open while asleep and an unknown suspect, who was described as a 5 foot 7 inch tall male between 40 and 50 years old, entered the room. He had grey hair and was wearing jeans, a blue sweatshirt, a brown baseball hat and was holding a coffee mug.

Ordinance violation, entering steam tunnels

Five suspects, two 21-year-old males, two 20-year-old males and a 19-year-old male were arrested for allegedly entering the steam tunnels near Akers Hall. They were released after being cited.

Burglary

On Nov. 7 between 12:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. in West Wilson Hall, a 19-year-old male student and an 18-year-old male student were the victims of a burglary. They both went to sleep, leaving their door unlocked, and when they woke up the door was open and one had $150 missing from his wallet while the other had $231 missing. 

Share and discuss “MSU Police respond to peeping tom, breaking and entering ” on social media.