Sunday, September 22, 2024

MSUFCU breaks ground on new headquarters building

<p>Photo courtesy of MSUFCU </p>

Photo courtesy of MSUFCU 

MSU Federal Credit Union has broken ground for the second building on the northern headquarter campus. 

MSUFCU held an official groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the expansion on June 9, 2015. The building will be 186,350 square feet, three stories high with a basement. The new building is being added on MSUFCU’s current property, northeast of the original headquarters. 

"The building is designed to create a positive working environment for our employees that help our members each and every day,"  said April Clobes , president and chief executive officer of MSUFCU. 

MSUFCU membership has increased with an average of 5 percent growth every year. The expansion of the Credit Union helps to meet the demands of its membership base. 

It also creates more job opportunities for the community. The building can house 564 employees for the next 10-12 years. 

"This building not only represents the credit union's future but it is also representative of the Credit Union's continuing commitment to our members and the community," Clobes said. 

The additional building helps to improve the credit union's products and services.The credit union has various departments to support its branches. The expansion will help current members by providing better service and support. 

East Lansing mayor Nathan Triplett  and State Representative Sam Singh spoke at the groundbreaking ceremony. 

Share and discuss “MSUFCU breaks ground on new headquarters building ” on social media.