Sunday, October 6, 2024

Finding the perfect Halloween costume

Aside from the never-ending buckets of candy, the best part of Halloween is being able to dress up in fun and inventive costumes. With only a week left before the ghoulish holiday, students should check out these options for buying the perfect costume before it’s too late to take part in the festivities.

While individual costumes can always rack up a bill, students should always remember that they can mix and match items to make their own unique outfit.

Spirit Halloween Superstore

3025 Preyde Blvd.

Located in the Eastwood Towne Center, Spirit Halloween is only open for the spookiest season of the year.

An employee at Spirit Halloween said what sets the store apart from other Halloween specialty stores is the exclusive costumes that only it has the right to sell, as well as the high-quality products.

Spirit Halloween also has a Spirit of Children program, which raises money that is donated to the Children’s Center at Sparrow Hospital.

Price ranges for costumes can vary from $14.99 to $100.

Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.

Halloween City

408 Frandor Ave.

Located in the Frandor Shopping Center, Halloween City offers a wide variety of Halloween costume options that range from sexy to goofy.

Costume prices vary from $19.99 to $49.99, an employee said.

Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. Hours vary next week.

Party City

420 Frandor Ave.

Also located in the Frandor Shopping Center, Party City has a range of costumes to choose from for any style of outfit.

Costume prices begin at about $20 to $30 and increase in price with the complexity of the product.

Hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. through Thursday and 8 a.m to midnight Friday and Saturday. Hours vary next week.

HalloweenCostumes.com

None of the stores in the area cutting it? Try shopping online and ordering a costume before it’s too late.

HalloweenCostumes.com offers a huge selection of costumes with varying levels of cute or scary.

Simple costumes start as low as $9.99 and the complex costumes can cost more than $1,000.

The store offers various shipping prices depending on how fast the costume is needed. The sooner the costume is ordered, the cheaper the shipping cost will be.

Share and discuss “Finding the perfect Halloween costume” on social media.