Sunday, April 28, 2024

Two male suspects rob Quiznos at knifepoint

Meridian Township Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Monday at Quiznos, 2398 Jolly Road, in Okemos.

Two suspects entered the restaurant at about 7:55 p.m., one pulled out a knife and the two employees on duty exited the store and contacted police, said Meridian Township police Sgt. Greg Frenger.

When police arrived at the scene, the suspects were gone.

One suspect is described as a 5-feet-9-inch man with a husky build wearing a black skull cap, black jacket and baggy jeans.

The other suspect is described as a 6-feet-3-inch man with an average build wearing a black ski mask and dark, baggy jeans.

Quiznos declined to comment on the robbery.

There were no injuries in the incident, Frenger said. Both suspects are still at large.

Frenger said he expects the number of business robberies in the area to increase this month because of the need for money during the holiday season.

He said police typically advise businesses to comply with the demands from criminals who enter their store.

“It’s not worth the risk of their personal safety,” Frenger said.

Frenger said the Quiznos robbery is one of the few robberies that have been reported in the area this year.

“We are about the same as we have been in the last few years,” he said. “More often there are a series of crimes by the same people.”

Meridian Township police believe the Quiznos robbery could have a link to another business robbery in Lansing, Frenger said. Frenger wouldn’t give the name of the Lansing business.

The department is currently investigating any connections.

Share and discuss “Two male suspects rob Quiznos at knifepoint” on social media.