Sunday, April 28, 2024

Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes necessary

Marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes especially for cancer patients. My father was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma and passed away in August. The cancer really was not the killer but the chemotherapy was. He lost 7 to 8 pounds every treatment because he was unable to eat after the chemo.

My mother and I tried everything to get him to eat, but he said everything tasted terrible. So I told him he should try smoking some marijuana to increase his appetite, and he looked at me like I was nuts. But he didn’t have much to lose at this point, so he tried it and he actually started putting weight back on — but it was too late.

For years, there’s been natural drugs to cure us that the good Lord put on this planet for a reason, but our government is too caught up in the mighty dollar and how they can screw the public. If you want to see our trillion-dollar deficit disappear in a three-year-period of time, legalize marijuana. If patients get caught selling it, they can get such a steep fine they would never do it again. Or better yet, take it away from them all together. Our country is in terrible trouble financially, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, so legalize it and get the U.S. out of debt.

Jeff Bissonette

MSU staff

Share and discuss “Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes necessary” on social media.