Sunday, April 28, 2024

Annapolis hopefully brings peace to Israel, Palestine

A coalition of MSU student organizations would like to endorse the U.S.-brokered peace talks to bring Israelis and the Palestinians closer to peace in Annapolis, Md. We believe continued dialogue between Israeli and Palestinian leadership is essential to normalize relations and build a strong, trusting relationship between Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

It is important to leave paths of communication open for leaders from the two sides to take positive steps forward, beginning with substantive peace negotiations to establish a framework for the future. We believe committing to participate in this opportunity is an important starting point in a revived peace process, and a logical starting point on a path that will lay a framework for later negotiations on issues that are essential to a long-term peace agreement. We hope the conference in Annapolis will bring together the Israeli and Palestinian representatives under U.S. leadership to move closer to fulfilling a dream of peace for all parties involved.

Eric Dropkin, president of Spartans for Israel; Maweza Razzaq, president of the Muslim Students’ Association; Abbey Askotzky and Ricky Kamil, co-presidents of the Jewish Student Union; Ben Morlock, president of MSU College Republicans; Scott Hendrickson, president of MSU Democrats

Share and discuss “Annapolis hopefully brings peace to Israel, Palestine” on social media.