Wednesday, October 23, 2024

RHA hosts concerts through fall

The Residence Halls Association is bringing a series of concerts to MSU's campus.

Up-and-coming indie-rock band Hit the Lights will perform Oct. 1 at the MSU Union Ballroom with special guests Envy on the Coast and The Minor League, a band from Northern Michigan University.

Hit the Lights released "This Is a Stick Up … Don't Make It a Murder" this year.

"RHA is here to represent the students as a government organization and keep students entertained. We want students to have something to do and have an overall good time," said Michelle Dickinson, director of public relations and advertising.

A portion of RHA tax dollars goes toward the special events division, which works to provide entertainment on campus for students.

"Because special events has grown, we've been able to bring some really big shows throughout the semester, while other schools can only do one or two shows a year," said Grant Lyman, RHA director of special events.

RHA most recently brought The Black Crowes and Howie Day to campus and are expecting to present five more concerts before the end of fall semester.

RHA also invited Wilco, an indie-rock band, to perform on campus Oct. 6.

The concert will be the first in the Auditorium since major renovations were completed and theater-style seats were added.

"Wilco requested to come to East Lansing because they've never played here before, and they have such a huge fan base here," said Lyman. "We've already sold 2,000 tickets."

Wilco's album "A Ghost is Born" won the group its first Grammy Award in 2004 for an alternative music album.

Tickets for the Wilco concert are available at the Wharton Center box office. Tickets for the Hit the Lights concert are available from Flat, Black & Circular and CD Warehouse.

Share and discuss “RHA hosts concerts through fall” on social media.