Local woman helps people with difficult issues, predicts future

Astrologists study the positions of the moon, sun and other planets in the belief that their locations will affect people.

Lansing resident Claudette Holloway, who has been studying astrology for more than seven years, tries to schedule her life around the planets. She even had a TV delivered more than a month after she bought it, so it wouldn't be delivered while Mercury was in retrograde.

Astrologists believe that while Mercury is in retrograde, personal misunderstandings and glitches in technology can occur, among other problems.

Holloway talked with The State News about her work as an astrologer and how she helps people.

State News: What does astrology entail?

Claudette Holloway: I look at planets as they are scattered on the chart at the moment of a person's birth, looking at the place, city, time and date of birth.

SN: How did you learn astrology?

CH: I took classes at The Mountain Books and Gifts (603 North Waverly Road in Lansing). I have a degree from MSU in public affairs management, but I learned the hard way that corporate life isn't for me. With something like (astrology), you have to have it as a gift. I've been interested in it since I was 16.

SN: When people come to see you, are they at all skeptical?

CH: A couple people have been. Usually, they have their own belief system or religion (that makes them skeptical).

SN: How do you reassure those who are skeptical?

CH: I'm not going to talk by myself. It's a one-on-one thing. If you're not comfortable, you shouldn't do it.

SN: Do you work out of your home?

CH: Yes, and I also do readings at bars, restaurants, parties and at people's houses.

SN: Are there any students who use your services?

CH: Yes, I've talked to some students at work, and some are interested. I only charge $25 for people in school for a longer session — usually an hour and a half. It's $45 for everyone else, and you get a tape of your reading.

SN: How can you specifically help students?

CH: I can help them in understanding what fears are holding them back and why their energy is high or low.

If there are issues regarding difficulty in passing a class, I look at Mercury, Neptune and Saturn to see what might be holding them back in their thought processes.

I can also do interview and job charts … I can tell you what the bosses and the other employees will be like and the work ethic at the office.

SN: How have you helped people so far?

CH: There have been a couple "I-told-you-so's." With one guy, I reminded him that for a certain period of time he would be involved with the law, and then he was arrested at one of the first riots after the basketball game. I validate what people feel and help them understand what they're going through.

SN: What do you think astrology can do for people?

CH: It explains a lot about my life and has helped me grow as a person. There's such a thing as free will, but (astrology) helped me more than other aspects of belief systems and science.

For more information or to schedule a reading, contact Claudette Holloway at (517) 402-4090.

Share and discuss “Local woman helps people with difficult issues, predicts future” on social media.