Monday, September 23, 2024

Intelligent design has basis, Darwinism still unproven

Evolution continues to be taught in most schools as the sole explanation of creation and the diversity of species. However, many of its claims fall far shorter than those of intelligent design. Darwinism states that a common ancestor connects all phyla because of natural selection caused by variable environments.

Upon examining the fossil record, especially during the Cambrian period, Darwinism hasn’t stood the test of time. Fossils jumped from being small invertebrates to most of the major phyla we see today. If natural selection and gradual evolution had occurred, there should have been dozens of transitional fossils, but this is not the case. Ever heard of archaeopteryx? Look it up and you’ll find that it was the coveted connection between birds and reptiles, later proven false.

The development of the first functional cell cannot be proven by Darwin’s theory. It’s true the famous 1950s experiment that imitated Earth’s early atmosphere produced amino acids from inorganic compounds, but the notion of the early atmosphere has since changed. When the experiment was repeated under more realistic conditions, it failed. Regardless of how cells were created, Darwinism struggles to explain their differentiation. Cellular mechanisms in many cases are not functional until all the parts are in place. Natural selection would not have selected for any one mechanism, as it would not have performed a function by itself.

Real scientists ranging from embryonic biologists to cosmologists to physicists believe in intelligent life. Many believe in the existence of an intelligent designer after years of trying to prove Darwinism, and ultimately finding it lacking.

Karren Lewis

interdisciplinary studies in social science and health studies sophomore

Share and discuss “Intelligent design has basis, Darwinism still unproven” on social media.