Men's hoops signee Foster Loyer leads Clarkston to Class A title

Clarkston senior guard Foster Loyer (1) hoists the championship trophy after he and his team won the Class A boys basketball state final against Holland West Ottawa on March 24, 2018 at Breslin Center in East Lansing. Clarkston defeated Holland West Ottawa, 81-38. (Nic Antaya | The State News)

In one of the more lopsided MHSAA championship games, Clarkston beat Holland West Ottawa 81-38, to repeat as Class A champions. 

Michigan Mr. Basketball and Clarkston guard Foster Loyer ended the game with 40 points, playing a total of 30 minutes. Loyer, who committed to MSU in late 2016, shot 14-for-19 from the floor. Loyer also ended the game with six 3-pointers.

Guard C.J. Robinson and forward Taylor Currie did not slouch either. Robinson scored a total of 18 points making four out seven three pointers. Currie finished the game with 13 points one of them being a 3-pointer which generated a negative fan reception before sinking into the net.

Loyer lead the team in assists with seven while Currie lead in rebounds with 10.

“I think playing in front of this atmosphere on this stage, it definitely helped a lot playing here last year," Loyer said. "For me there were no nerves coming in. I thought our team came in and we weren’t bright eyed playing under the big lights.”

Share and discuss “Men's hoops signee Foster Loyer leads Clarkston to Class A title” on social media.