VIDEO: Flooding on MSU's campus
A combination of heavy snow on the ground, on-and-off rain showers, and temperatures that skyrocketed from as low as 18 degrees on Saturday night to 60 on Tuesday afternoon have led to flooding and a series of road closures around campus.
Infrastructure Planning and Development, or IPF, sent out multiple emails on Tuesday informing students of the closures, which will affect:
- Lots 62 West and 62 East, north of Spartan Stadium
- Lot 67, west of Jenison Field House
- The basement level of Parking Ramp #2, west of Bessey Hall
- Auditorium Loop, north of the Computer Center
- Off-street parking on Auditorium Road, north of Parking Ramp #2
- Chestnut Road, between Demonstration Hall Road and the Sparty statue
- Red Cedar Road, from the Chestnut Road intersection to the entrance to Central Services
These closures will be effective from Wednesday at 6 a.m. until March 2 at the latest. These areas are underwater and unsafe for travel, according to IPF.