Stove fire temporarily displaces MSU students
East Lansing Fire Department responded to a house fire Tuesday evening, Fire Marshal Don Carter said.
Three MSU students were displaced for the night, but should be able to return later today.
"It appears to be a simple cooking fire, the stove caught fire," Carter said.
There were no injuries from the fire.
"A lot of the students come to us and they're not used to preparing their own meals," Carter said. "Just basic safety, keep combustibles back and away from the stove and the stove tops."
Cooking fires tend to be caused because people left the area while cooking, Carter said.
"Never leave a hot stove or a hot cooktop unattended," Carter said.