MSU hockey adds 5 more to recruiting class
A fresh batch of icers are joining the MSU hockey program.
Head coach Danton Cole announced Monday five additions to the incoming 2017-18 recruiting class. The newly-minted Spartans join a trio of recruits MSU signed to National Letter of Intents back in November 2016.
After the Spartans welcomed a lofty 10 freshmen to their squad during the 2016-17 season, another eight will be joining the team. Between the five most recent additions, they bring in experience from the United States Hockey League, or USHL, the North American Hockey League, or NAHL, and the British Columbia Hockey League, or BCHL.
The five incoming freshmen are listed below:
- Tommy Apap, forward, 6-foot-2, 195 pounds. Last team: Youngstown Phantoms, USHL
- Ginaluca Esteves, forward, 5-foot-11, 168 pounds. Last team: Aston Rebels, NAHL
- Austin Kamer, forward, 6-foot, 185 pounds. Lone Star Brahmas, NAHL
- Jake Smith, forward, 5-foot-11, 180 pounds. Chilliwack Chiefs, BCHL
- Brody Stevens, 6-foot, 202 pounds. Green Bay Gamblers, USHL
"We are very happy with the quality of young men joining Spartan hockey this upcoming season," Cole said to MSU Athletic Communications. "It is a solid group that has enjoyed success both individually and with their teams at the junior level, and they will bring that spirit and competitiveness to MSU."