Tickets still available for "Mamma Mia" at Wharton

<p>Photo Courtesy of Wharton Center</p>

Photo Courtesy of Wharton Center

“Mamma Mia!” is coming to Cobb Great Hall in the Wharton Center from Oct. 14 to Oct. 16 and tickets are still available. Tickets are $28 for MSU students and start at $41 for the general public. Tickets are sold on the Wharton Center’s website, at the Auto-Owners Insurance Ticket Office at Wharton Center or by calling 1-800-Wharton.

“Mamma Mia!” is on its farewell tour as it takes a stop at MSU for five shows. With its 14-year run, it is the eighth-longest running Broadway show in history.

“‘Mamma Mia!’ is a great show that people of all ages will love and enjoy," Bob Hoffman, public relations manager at the Wharton Center, said via email. "It’s not only filled with great music but the story is clever, fun and endearing.”

According to the website for the “Mamma Mia!” National Tour, the musical takes place on a Greek island where a woman is trying to find out the identity of her father before her wedding.

The play is written by Catherine Johnson and directed by Phyllida Lloyd. It is based on the songs of the music group ABBA.

The show is running as part of the MSU Federal Credit Union Broadway at Wharton Center Series, which provides many of the Broadway shows in the series at a discounted price. Some of the upcoming shows include “Wicked,” “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder” and “Rent.”

“Shows that you could see in all the major cities of the world are found right here in your own backyard at Wharton Center," Hoffman said. "Plus, most of the MSU Federal Credit Union Broadway at Wharton Center shows have a $25 student ticket. ... But it’s not only Broadway we bring to East Lansing."

Share and discuss “Tickets still available for "Mamma Mia" at Wharton” on social media.