Live updates: Sen. Bernie Sanders at MSU's Adams Field

Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., gives a speech on July 25, 2016, the first day of the Democratic National Convention, at Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., gives a speech on July 25, 2016, the first day of the Democratic National Convention, at Wells Fargo Arena in Philadelphia. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

Update 4:03 p.m.

The rally has ended.

Update 3:58 p.m.

"This country, our economy, our political system belongs to all of us, not just the 1%," Sanders

Update 3:54 p.m.

"We cannot have a president that disrespects women," Sanders.

Update 3:51 p.m.

"The scientific community is virtually unanimous in telling us that climate change is real," Sanders.

"Clinton understands that we need to create millions of good paying jobs in the country," Sanders

Update 3:49 p.m.

It's starting to rain but the crowd doesn't seem to care.

"You get a vote, you get a vote, you get a vote. Democracy is not about billionaires buying elections," Sanders

Update 3:48 p.m.

"We are voting for the President of the United States. The most powerful elected position in the world,"

"It is totally crazy that millions of people have left college deeply in debt," Sanders.

Update 3:47 p.m.

"Out job is not to demonize anybody. It's to take a cold hard look at the real issies," Sanders.

Update 3:39 p.m.

Update 3:35 p.m.

Boos from the crowd when Snyder is mentioned.

"You have to look for the nonpartisan section of the ballet to vote for your judges," Johnson.

Update 3:34 p.m.

"I am running on a platform of restorative justice. People should leave the courthouse better than when they walked in," Johnson

Update 3:33 p.m.

Update 3:32 p.m.

"There is a lot at stake on the ballot this fall," Austin

Update 3:24 p.m.

Update 3:22 p.m.

Update 3:14 p.m.

Update 3:06 p.m.

Update 2:51 p.m.

Update 2:50 p.m.

Update 2:46 p.m. 

Update 2:45 p.m.

Crowd is starting to gather at Bernie Sanders rally. - Marie Weidmayer 

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will hold a rally for Hillary Clinton at Adams Field on Thursday. The event starts at 2:45 p.m., stay with The State News for updates throughout the event. 

According to Hillary Clinton's website, the rally will last until 4 p.m.

The last time Sanders was on campus, he was a presidential candidate. He addressed MSU students at Breslin Center on March 2, according to a previous article from The State News.

Share and discuss “Live updates: Sen. Bernie Sanders at MSU's Adams Field ” on social media.