Dan and Jennifer Gilbert announce $15 million gift to MSU

MSU alumnus Dan Gilbert and his wife, Jennifer, announced a $15 million donation to the university.

Dan Gilbert is founder and chairman of Quicken Loans and majority owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Jennifer Gilbert is founder and CEO of Amber Engine, a home furnishing company, according to a press release.

The donation will be used for the ongoing renovations at the Breslin Center and to provide support for the Detroit Scholars Program and the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities.

“Their generosity will help us continue to build and maintain a vibrant campus community and also allow our athletic programs to train and compete at the highest level,” MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon said in a press release.

The Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities works to provide resources and maximize opportunities for people with disabilities, according to their website.

The Detroit Scholars Program gives scholarships to MSU students from Detroit and is a new program this school year, according to a press release.

“It is important that students of all backgrounds, including young Detroiters, realize their maximum potential and are exposed to the opportunities that higher education provides,” Dan Gilbert said in the press release.

Renovations at the Breslin Center are estimated to be completed by June 2018 and the project will cost $50 million.

Share and discuss “Dan and Jennifer Gilbert announce $15 million gift to MSU ” on social media.