Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Strong armed robbery reported on River Trail

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

MSU police responded to a strong armed robbery that occurred on the River Trail behind Holmes Hall on Wednesday, according to a press release from MSUPD.

The release said a man was traveling on his bicycle on the River Trail when two individuals confronted the man and stole his early 2000s royal blue Diamond hybrid model bicycle.

The first suspect is described as a heavyset black male between the ages of 17 and 20 years old, and he was wearing dark gray pants at the time of the incident. The other suspect is described as a thin Hispanic male between the ages of 18 and 19 years old and was wearing a tan flannel at the time of the incident, according to the release.

MSU police asks that anyone who has information about this robbery call Detective Chad Davis at 517-355-2226 or submit a tip by texting MSUPD at CRIMES, or 274637, along with a message.     

Share and discuss “Strong armed robbery reported on River Trail ” on social media.