Wharton Center to host "Wicked," tickets on sale now

Tickets for one of the biggest Broadway plays, "Wicked," have just gone on sale and can be purchased on the Wharton Center’s website or by calling 1-800-WHARTON.

The play is set to take place at Cobb Great Hall within the Wharton Center at MSU from Nov. 9 to Nov. 27. This is the fourth year "Wicked" has been put on at the Wharton Center. 

"It's the most requested show that we have," Public Relations Manager for the Wharton Center Bob Hoffman said.  "It's the biggest blockbuster musical that has been to the Wharton Center."

Individual tickets start at $45, while you can get discounts for groups for select performances.  

"Wicked" is based on the book "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire, and comes before the events of the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz."

It shows the unusual relationship between Elphaba — better known as the Wicked Witch of the West — and Glinda the Good Witch.

"(Wicked is) amazing theatre, incredible music, entertainment that will absolutely blow your mind," Hoffman said. "It's been performed in over a hundred cities and 14 countries around the world. ... It's a cultural phenomenon." 

"Wicked" is put on as part of the MSU Federal Credit Union Broadway at Wharton Center Series. The series is also putting on plays "Mamma Mia!," "A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder," "Beautiful — The Carole King Musical," "Cabaret," "Rent," "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" and "Fun Home."

Share and discuss “Wharton Center to host "Wicked," tickets on sale now ” on social media.