Democratic women sound off on Hillary Clinton's nomination

Chelsea Clinton speaks before introducing her mom and Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton on the final day of the Democratic National Convention on July 28, 2016 at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.  Clinton became the first woman to accept the nomination of a major party for the presidential election.
Chelsea Clinton speaks before introducing her mom and Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton on the final day of the Democratic National Convention on July 28, 2016 at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Clinton became the first woman to accept the nomination of a major party for the presidential election. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | and Carly Geraci The State News

PHILADELPHIA — The last night of the Democratic National Convention celebrated Hillary Clinton making history in American politics.

Different speakers also excited the crowd in anticipation of Clinton’s historic speech.

The Democratic Women of the Senate proclaimed Clinton’s important influence in their lives and others.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski, Sen. Patty Murray, Sen. Debbie Stabenow, Sen. Maria Cantwell, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Sen. Claire McCaskill, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, Sen. Tammy Baldwin, Sen. Mazie Hirono, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Sen. Barbara Boxer all spoke on her behalf.

“It’s time for me to pass the torch to a new generation,” Sen. Barbara Mikulski said. “So I have just one question: Are you with us?”

Mikulski said they will fight to put Clinton in the White House.

“In Beijing, she broke the silence, and this November, she’ll break the glass ceiling once and for all,” Sen. Debbie Stabenow said.

Stabenow said Clinton’s speech in Beijing, where she attended, was historically significant.

A few senator, representatives and governors spoke leading up to her speech

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said, “They say 'Make America Great Again.' We say 'make America greater than ever before.'”

Cuomo said American are dreamers and there's nothing wrong with that.

“We come here conscious that we are approaching a milestone moment in the American journey, the election of the first woman President of the United States," Rep. Nancy Pelosi said,

Pelosi said electing Clinton will mean a lot to the aspirations of all women and Clinton understands that.

Chelsea Clinton introduced her mother to the crowd for her nomination speech.

Clinton talked about what her mother has meant to her throughout her life.

“Every single memory I have of my mom is that, regardless of what was happening in her life, she was always there for me,” Clinton said.

Clinton said her mother taught her “there’s something else that my mother taught me: public service is about service.”

She said that she saw first hand the sacrifice and work her mother and father do.

“People ask me all the time, ‘How does she do it?” Clinton said. “How does she keep going with the sound and the fury of politics?’ Here’s how: it’s because she never, ever forgets who she’s fighting for.”

Clinton said her mother is a “listener and a doer.”

Clinton concluded by calling out American voters to see what her mother can do and how much she’s proud of her mom.

“I hope someday my children will be as proud of me as I am of my mom,” Clinton said. “I am so grateful to be her daughter.”

The night also included performances by Sheila E and the E family, Carole King and Katy Perry.

Share and discuss “Democratic women sound off on Hillary Clinton's nomination” on social media.