Three Suspects in Lansing bank robbery arrested on MSU Property

Updated Monday at 4:43 p.m.

MSU police Captain Doug Monette said 16 MSU police officers were involved in the chase. 

The names of the suspects are Fred Lewis, Chrishon Milton and Patrick Patterson, all from Detroit. 

Three suspects have been arrested in connection with a bank robbery that occurred Thursday afternoon at the CASE Credit Union on West Saginaw Highway in Delta Township, Eaton County, close to the Lansing Mall.

Shortly after 4:00 p.m., Lt. Adam Morris located the suspects, all black males, in an unmarked, dark purple Chevrolet Impala heading eastbound on I-96, near Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. He followed the vehicle until it sped and crashed into some trees on a ramp at the interchange of I-96 and U.S. 127.

The suspects fled on foot once they crashed the Impala, starting an intensive manhunt that lasted until 8:30 p.m., when a K9 unit caught them near MSU’s Horticulture Building on College Road, south of Jolly Road and north of I-96. A helicopter and SWAT teams were also used to find the suspects, who were hiding in an area full of thick foliage and trees.

No weapons were found.

At least 50 police officers from multiple departments were involved in the manhunt. 

Eaton County Sheriff Tom Reich said in a press conference it was necessary to use a heavy police force to find the suspects because they were near a residential area, according to WILX News 10. 

“We were trying to ensure that no harm came to the residents there in that area,” Reich said.

Two of the suspects had minor injuries from their crash. They were treated at nearby hospitals before being transported to Eaton County Jail.

All three suspects are from the Metro Detroit area. Their names and ages will not be released until after they are arraigned.

Reich said, “We continued on over the persistence of multiple agencies and working together…It was a great operation on the capture of these individuals.”

Police and the FBI are investigating whether or not the suspects are connected to other recent bank robberies in the Lansing area.

Share and discuss “Three Suspects in Lansing bank robbery arrested on MSU Property” on social media.