Candidates for ASMSU Office of the President announced

<p>Public policy senior Domonique Clemons, president of the associated students, addresses the policy committee at the ASMSU meeting on Sept. 24, 2015 in the Student Affairs and Services building. He said that he hopes to use the skills gained during his time at ASMSU to work in local or state government in Michigan.</p>

Public policy senior Domonique Clemons, president of the associated students, addresses the policy committee at the ASMSU meeting on Sept. 24, 2015 in the Student Affairs and Services building. He said that he hopes to use the skills gained during his time at ASMSU to work in local or state government in Michigan.

The Associated Students of Michigan State University revealed the names of those running for Office of the President positions within the general assembly. 

Current Vice President for Academic Affairs Lorenzo Santavicca, an international relations sophomore, and current Vice President for Governmental Affairs and political theory and constitutional democracy senior Bryn Williams are the nominees for next year’s ASMSU president. The two candidates will participate in a presidential debate moderated by current ASMSU President and public policy senior Domonique Clemons tonight at 7 p.m.

The president position, as well as five vice president positions, will be voted on by the assembly next week. 

The election will be split between Wednesday and Thursday, with three positions being voted on each day.

According to an email from ASMSU Chief of Staff and marketing senior Anna Hogg, those running for Office of the President positions are as follows:

President - Elections April 20

Williams

Santavicca

Vice President of Finance and Operations - Elections April 20

Accounting junior Jason Barnett

Finance junior Michael Booth

Vice President of Academic Affairs - Elections April 20

International relations junior Robert White

Santavicca

Neuroscience junior Tyler Orlando

Vice President for Governmental Affairs - Elections April 21

Social relations and policy junior Alex Noffsinger

Advertising freshman Aleksander Oslapas

Political theory and constitutional democracy sophomore Samuel Jefferson

Vice President for Internal Administration - Elections April 21

Political science junior Jason Porter 

Oslapas

Orlando

Vice President for Student Allocations - Elections April 21st

Oslapas

Finance sophomore Lauren Fish

International relatons junior Howard Countryman

Jefferson

Share and discuss “Candidates for ASMSU Office of the President announced” on social media.