Michigan leads women's basketball 37-21

Michigan hasn't swept the Spartans in regular-season play since the 1999-00 season. But after the first half of play, the Wolverines will have an easy road to squander the 14-year streak. 

Both Katelynn Flaherty and Siera Thompson lead the maize-and-blue with 12-points to give the team a 37-21 lead heading into the locker room. 

Michigan (14-8, 5-5 Big Ten) has managed to have a field day on the offensive side of the glass, converting 60-percent of their shots from beyond the arc while shooting 50-percent from the floor. Senior Cyesha Goree follows behind with seven-points. 

As for the Spartans (11-11, 3-8), their top scorers in Aerial Powers and Tori Jankoska have been nonexistent in the points column, combining for just six-points, all coming from Powers. The Detroit native also leads the team with nine rebounds. 

The Wolverines were able to go on a 20-2 run starting at the 13:28 mark after being down by one. Cara Miller gave MSU a bit of hope at the buzzer when she pulled up for a three to cut the deficit to 16. 

A three-game win streak at home is on the line for head coach Suzy Merchant's squad, who won't play at the Breslin Center again until the 22nd when they take on Rutgers. 

Share and discuss “Michigan leads women's basketball 37-21” on social media.