Consumers look to watch, buy fireworks for holiday weekend

<p>Owosso, Mich., resident, Sienna Baker, 11, browses a selection of fireworks on July 2, 2014, at Jeff's Fireworks, 3340 E Lake Lansing Road. Baker plans on going to Higgins Lake, Mich., with her family to celebrate the Fourth of July. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News</p>

Owosso, Mich., resident, Sienna Baker, 11, browses a selection of fireworks on July 2, 2014, at Jeff's Fireworks, 3340 E Lake Lansing Road. Baker plans on going to Higgins Lake, Mich., with her family to celebrate the Fourth of July. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News

Fourth of July is right around the corner and there are many celebrations occurring this weekend in the Lansing area. Local stores also offer a large selection of sparklers and roman candles to put on your own personal fireworks show.

WHERE TO WATCH FIREWORKS

July 3: Sharp Park, Delta Township

At dusk Delta Township will kick off their Fourth of July celebration at Sharp Park on 1401 Elmwood Road. Prior to the show, a concert will occur from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the amphitheater.

July 4: Adado Riverfront Park, Lansing

At 10 p.m. fireworks will hit the sky at Adado Riverfront Park for Lansing’s Fourth of July celebration. Adado Riverfront Park is located at 501 N. Grand Ave. Prior to the show, a concert from Lansing’s Concert Band will take place at 8 p.m.

July 4: Central Park South, Meridian Township

Meridian Township’s fireworks show will begin at 10 p.m. at 1990 Central Park Drive in Okemos. Two optimal viewing locations are the Township Municipal Complex located on Marsh Road or the north side of the Meridian Mall.

July 4: Ingham County Fairgrounds, Mason

Bring lawn chairs to watch the fireworks display at the Ingham County Fairgrounds in Mason at dusk. Food and games will also be available prior to the start of the show. The fairgrounds are located at 700 E. Ash St.

July 4 and 5: Cooley Law School Stadium, Lansing

A fireworks celebration will follow the Lansing Lugnuts baseball games. Both games, against the Great Lakes Loons, begin at 7:05 p.m. at Cooley Law School Stadium at 505 E. Michigan Ave.

WHERE TO BUY FIREWORKS

Phantom Fireworks

With more than 1,200 locations in the U.S., Phantom Fireworks call themselves America’s premier fireworks store. Some of their best sellers include blue streak rockets, which are high-flying rockets with a display of blue stars, and silver sonic warheads which shoot tree-shaped blasts into the air. Open from 8 a.m. to 1.a.m., daily.

6141 W. Saginaw Highway

Lansing Charter Township, MI

(517) 321-2502

Jeff’s Fireworks

From fireworks to floating sky lanterns, Jeff’s Fireworks has a large selection to offer. Jeff’s also offers replacements for any dud fireworks. Open year round from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays with extended hours during holiday weeks.

3340 E. Lake Lansing Road

East Lansing, MI

(517) 351-5333

American Eagle Superstore

Aside from their normal hardware supplies, American Eagle Superstore also sells a large selection of fireworks including roman candles, fountains and bottle rockets. Open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.

901 N. Larch St.

Lansing, MI

(517) 482-3765

Share and discuss “Consumers look to watch, buy fireworks for holiday weekend” on social media.