Martinak resigning as ASMSU president following Dec. graduation

ASMSU President Evan Martinak announced on Friday that he will be resigning from his position as president of ASMSU, MSU’s undergraduate student government, because he will be graduating in December.

“I am immensely proud of the work I’ve done for ASMSU on behalf of the students and wouldn’t trade the experience for anything,” Martinak said in a letter to ASMSU representatives.

Martinak said in the letter that his resignation will be effective Jan. 1, 2014.

ASMSU spokesman Matt Franks said special elections will be held during the next general assembly meeting on Dec. 5, when members of the ASMSU general assembly will get to vote on the next president.

Franks said any ASMSU tax-paying member of the undergraduate student body can run for president.

Prospective candidates have to fill out an election packet, which can be picked up from the ASMSU Business Office in Student Services. The packets must be handed in by 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 2.

Martinak said the individual elected during the meeting will remain president-elect until Jan.1, 2014.

Share and discuss “Martinak resigning as ASMSU president following Dec. graduation” on social media.