Police still looking for assault suspect

The East Lansing Police Department, or ELPD, still are searching for the suspect involved in a string of sexual assaults that have taken place throughout the past few months. The last assault occurred on May 16 in the parking lot outside of Abbott Pointe Apartments, 204 E. Pointe Lane.

“We still have several active tips that (we) are looking into,” ELPD Captain Jeff Murphy said. “They have been out every day still chasing down tips from a couple weeks ago.”

The ELPD released a composite of the suspect a few weeks ago and now believe the suspect might have a tattoo on his left arm or shoulder. He was last seen on Abbot Road just north of Saginaw Street.

He likely is involved in three sexual attacks that have taken place in East Lansing. The incident that took place on May 16 involved the suspect dragging the victim behind a dumpster where he physically and sexually assaulted her.

Two similar attacks took place that ELPD believes the same man is responsible for. The first of which took place on Coolidge Road, just south of Lake Lansing Road, around midnight on April 20. The suspect again dragged the victim to a secluded area where he physically and sexually assaulted her.

The other incident took place on April 26, at approximately 3 a.m. on the 300 block of Charles Street. Here, the suspect physically assaulted the victim and attempted to sexually assault her.

“We get tips, and we try to eliminate them,” Murphy said. “We haven’t developed any concrete suspects, but we still haven’t run out of places to look or information.”

Share and discuss “Police still looking for assault suspect” on social media.