Dublin Square could find new home in high-rise with development proposal

<p>The inside of Dublin Square is pictured in East Lansing on March 11, 2019. </p>

The inside of Dublin Square is pictured in East Lansing on March 11, 2019.

Developers have proposed the construction of new high-rise buildings including a parking ramp, apartments and commercial office space on the sites of Dublin Square Irish Pub and property along Evergreen Avenue. The new proposal has plans for Dublin Square's new home to be inside a 12-story building.

The Evergreen development proposal was presented Thursday at an East Lansing Downtown Development Authority meeting by housing developer The Michael's Organization and city officials, according to a report from the Lansing State Journal.

This development would be adjacent to the seven-story Michigan State University Federal Credit Union building currently being built on Abbot Road.

screen-shot-2022-10-28-at-11-06-15-am
screen-shot-2022-10-28-at-11-06-26-am

The Dublin Square site will have a 12-story building, including 209 residential units comprised of 88 studio apartments, 88 one-bedroom apartments and 33 two-bedroom apartments. It will also have 5,000 square feet of proposed lobby and amenity space and 6,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space, according to the city.

A seven-story student housing development behind the Dublin Square site is to include 201 residential units. The units include 50 studios, 126 one-bedrooms and 25 two-bedrooms, as well as 5,000 square feet of lobby and amenity space and 12,300 square feet for study spaces.

An affordable housing site will be located at the corner of Valley Court and Evergreen Avenue. It includes 93 residential units comprised of 58 one-bedrooms, 24 two-bedrooms, 11 artist lofts, 5,000 square feet of lobby and amenity space and 6,000 square feet of study space. Above this site will be a 604-space parking garage.

The Michael's Organization is working with the Vlahakis Group on the redevelopment of Dublin Square, the DDA-owned Evergreen property and a prior development proposal, the River Caddis Project, that was presented in 2020.

According to the City of East Lansing, that development includes an eight-story, 112-foot mixed-used building with ground-floor retail and restaurant space, 250,000 square feet of commercial office space and approximately 250 parking spaces. 

Developers and city officials said at Thursday's meeting proposal is fully conceptual at this time and that developers are trying to gauge interest.

Share and discuss “Dublin Square could find new home in high-rise with development proposal” on social media.