One-side parking restrictions to start July 19 in Bailey neighborhood

<p>Charles Street photographed on July 9, 2019. </p>

Charles Street photographed on July 9, 2019.

The City of East Lansing is launching an on-street parking pilot program in the Bailey neighborhood, which will restrict parking on residential streets.

'No parking' signs have been installed in impacted areas, and the program is planned to start on Friday, July 19.

The program will last for approximately one year. After the trial is complete, city officials will evaluate it.  

The pilot program will encompass the Bailey neighborhood bound by Burcham Drive, Charles Street, Elizabeth Steeet, Ann Street and Gunson Street.

screen-shot-2019-07-08-at-12-47-50-pm

Department of Public Works Design Engineer Andrew Bisaha said in a letter to Bailey residents that the program will improve vehicular travel on narrow streets.

Bisaha said the purpose of the program is to limit parking on streets where roadways are too narrow for safe, two-way travel, as well as accommodate city services like emergency vehicles, waste collection and snow plowing.

Residents are encouraged to contact Bisaha at abisaha@cityofeastlansing.com for questions and requests of implementation information.

Share and discuss “One-side parking restrictions to start July 19 in Bailey neighborhood ” on social media.