X-Golf Lansing due to open late January

Photo courstey of X-Golf Lansing.
Photo courstey of X-Golf Lansing. —

The East Lansing area is soon to welcome a new franchise to the area. Since being founded in 2005, X-Golf has sold over 3,000 systems worldwide and finally one has arrived in Lansing. 

X-Golf Lansing features all the benefits of golfing on a real course, however with its state-of-the-art simulation technology, you never have to go outside. 

This location is special in particular to owner Nick Swanson, who graduated from Michigan State in 2005. 

"Me and my friends have had football season tickets for awhile now, and we even come up for basketball games from time to time," Swanson said. "I just wanted to find a way to get back into the Lansing area, and this was a perfect marriage between coming back to the area and serving the community as well." 

Swanson is a huge fan of golf himself, saying that "it's a fun and casual game that I can do with friends easily." With Michigan weather being the way it is, golfers in the state have to quit their practice early in the season.

"With all the cold, wet, rain, and snow, golfers have to put their clubs away pretty early on. X-Golf Lansing provides an opportunity to promote practice as the golf season is so short here," Swanson said. "With the simulators having 98% accuracy, it really shows how our technology is some of the best in the world."

From professionals to beginners, X-Golf Lansing holds six golf course simulators, as well as a full bar and lounge. Each simulator has the capability of measuring ball speed, ball direction, launch angle, and more. One can also choose where they would like to golf from some of the world's most famous golf courses, including Pebble Beach and East Lake Golf Club. 

X-Golf Lansing can also host corporate events and private parties. Customers can also request to take lessons, which is very special as the location has a PGA professional on staff. The facility is open to all ages and skill levels.

"Students can come and test their abilities on the course where Tiger Woods won his first tournament in five years, as well as many other famous courses worldwide," Swanson said. "There might not be the roars and droves of people following, but players can get a real life feel of what the pros get to play from closer tees."

X-Golf Lansing plans on opening its doors later this month at 4946 Marsh Road, in Okemos.

Editor's note: This story was updated with the address of the new business.

Share and discuss “X-Golf Lansing due to open late January” on social media.