ESPN's 'Outside The Lines' to release Nassar investigative piece Tuesday

Larry Nassar listens to the judge during the plea hearing on Nov. 29, 2017, at the Eaton County Friend of Court. Nassar pleaded guilty to three counts.
Larry Nassar listens to the judge during the plea hearing on Nov. 29, 2017, at the Eaton County Friend of Court. Nassar pleaded guilty to three counts. —
Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

ESPN's 'Outside The Lines' announced on Twitter Saturday it will release an investigative piece on ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar on ESPN at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, the first day of Nassar's sentencing.

The sentencing will commence at 9 a.m. on Jan. 16 in the Ingham County circuit court and could continue through Jan. 19, depending on how much time is needed for the victim impact statements.

Nassar pleaded guilty to seven first-degree criminal sexual assault charges in Ingham County, and agreed to a minimum sentence of 25-40 years. He could face up to life imprisonment because of these charges. 

Nassar has already been sentenced to 60 years on three counts of federal child pornography charges in Grand Rapids last month.

Nassar will face additional sentencing in Eaton County circuit court on Jan. 31.

Stay with The State News for coverage of the sentence hearing and for other news on ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar. Other stories on survivors and cases can be found under the "Larry Nassar Coverage" tag on our website.

Share and discuss “ESPN's 'Outside The Lines' to release Nassar investigative piece Tuesday” on social media.