Nassar pleads not guilty to 23 charges in Ingham County

Former MSU employee Larry Nassar, left, looks to the court during the arraignment on Feb. 23, 2017 at 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. Nassar pleaded not guilty to 23 criminal sexual assault, first degree.
Former MSU employee Larry Nassar, left, looks to the court during the arraignment on Feb. 23, 2017 at 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. Nassar pleaded not guilty to 23 criminal sexual assault, first degree. —
Photo by Chloe Grigsby | and Chloe Grigsby The State News

Former MSU employee Lawrence Nassar pleaded not guilty to 23 charges at 55th District Court in Mason on Thursday morning.

The counts were first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving victims between the age of 13 and 17, third-degree criminal sexual conduct involving victims between the age of 13 and 17 and criminal sexual conduct involving a victim younger than the age of 13. There are a total of six victims.

The Attorney General has entered multiple charges where they will decided to pursue one of the two counts, but not both.

Judge Donald Allen will preside over the case and decide if it will be sent to circuit court. Dates have been scheduled for the beginning of March for a preliminary examination, but the court said the dates will probably change.

Nassar will be arraigned on different charges via video arraignment in Eaton County at 1 p.m. Thursday.

No bond was set for the charges Nassar pled not guilty to in Ingham County on Thursday. He is being held without bond for federal child pornography charges. 

Stay with The State News for continuing coverage.

Share and discuss “Nassar pleads not guilty to 23 charges in Ingham County” on social media.