Sunday, May 12, 2024

Chick-fil-A set to open Okemos location near Meijer in March

From left, Atlanta Georgia residents Derrick Johnson and Shane Roberts install tiles on Feb. 6, 2017 at the new Chick fil-A in Okemos. The construction is said to be completed by Mar. 30, 2017.

Chick-fil-A’s have largely populated the southern United States with origins in Atlanta dating back to 1946, according to its website. The franchise has since expanded throughout much of the continental United States. There are currently five open locations in Michigan.

Peter Menser, senior planner for Meridian Township, said construction on the new location began in late 2016. The location has a tentative opening date of March 30, though the opening could be pushed back until April.

“We’re really excited that Chick-fil-A is here in Meridian Township, and we’ll do all we can to support them when they open and throughout this process,” Menser said.

The newest location would be approximately three miles from MSU’s campus, a shorter distance than the Lansing Chick-fil-A, which is approximately nine miles away. As with other recent Chick-fil-A openings, a First 100 Campout event will be held, giving dedicated patrons a shot at a free chicken sandwich meal every week for a year. First 100 events often field scores of customers, camped out on restaurant’s lawn up to 24 hours before the opening, underscoring a fanaticism with Chick-fil-A’s chicken sandwiches.

Share and discuss “Chick-fil-A set to open Okemos location near Meijer in March” on social media.